Friday, July 30, 2010

Hugh Jass Burgers


Friend Todd (a frequent mention on this blog) informed me of a new burger joint in Lexington, KY called "Hugh Jass Burgers".  Does that describe the burgers, the clientele, or both?  After all, when a clothing store's name includes the words "big" or "tall", it means that they have big/tall clothes for big/tall people.  Having said that, I must admit that I'd still like to give it a try if ever I find myself in Lexington.  No snide comments allowed (especially you, friend Todd)!

According to google, it looks like the name may have originated on the Simpsons.  Bart frequently makes prank calls to Moe's Tavern asking to talk to someone whose name is a double entendre (French for double meaning).  Here are some other examples:

Moe: Moe's Tavern...
Bart: Is Al there?
Moe: Al?
Bart: Yeah, Al. Last name Caholic?
Moe: Hold on, I'll check. Phone call for Al... Al Caholic. Is there an Al Caholic here?

Moe: Moe's Tavern...
Bart: Is Jaques there?
Moe: Who?
Bart: Jaques, last name Strap.
Moe: Uh, hold on. Uh, Jock... Strap... Hey guys I'm looking for a Jock Strap.

Moe: Moe's Tavern...
Bart: Uh, yes, I'm looking for a Mrs. O'Problem? First name, Bea.
Moe: Uh, yeah, just a minute, I'll check. (calls) Uh, Bea O'Problem? Bea O'Problem! Come on guys, do I have a Bea O'Problem here?

Moe: Moe's Tavern...
Bart: Is Amanda there? Last name, Hugginkiss.
Moe: Just a sec; I'll check. (calls) Amanda Hugginkiss? Hey, I'm lookin' fer Amanda Hugginkiss. Why can't I find Amanda Hugginkiss?

Have a good weekend,
Flint

No comments:

Post a Comment