Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy 50th birthday, friend Todd!

Friend Todd ventured up here to God's refreshingly cool country from wicked hot Texas for the Labor Day weekend.  Some of you razor-sharp readers may remember reading about our fishing tournament plans.  The rest of you can refresh your memory by checking out my "Friend Todd to the rescue!!!" post from 8/17/10.


It just so happened that friend Todd celebrated his 50th birthday while here.  I'm happy and relieved to say that our plans for his birthday present worked out perfectly...he won the tournament!


After having quickly caught several fish myself, I became concerned that I wouldn't be able to suppress my tenacious fishing prowess.  Therefore, I fished without a hook for the remainder of the day (this was easy for me to hide as I was fishing from the shore whilst first wife Renee and friend Todd fished from the boat.).  Even so, I narrowly averted catching numerous additional fish.


First wife Renee, on the other hand, had a much more difficult time pulling it off (given that she was within sight of friend Todd's watchful eye throughout the entire tournament).  Late in the tournament, first wife Renee was neck and neck (fin and fin?) with friend Todd.  Thank goodness there was a can of insect repellent on the boat which first and foxy (in both senses of the terms) wife Renee was able to start surreptitiously using to drench her bait and hook.  The trick worked and friend Todd eked out a win by just one fish!


I would have included some photos of friend Todd's catches, but the camera we were using doesn't have a macro (extreme close-up) feature so unfortunately, you really can't quite see any of his fish in the pictures.  Although, one photo amusingly shows first wife Renee furiously spraying her hook in the background while friend Todd was busy posing for the camera.  We had to go to significant measures to prevent him from seeing that one.


Oh, one final request...friend Todd is totally oblivious to all of this so please don't mention it to him.  Let's just let him enjoy his ill-gotten booty (or is it ill-booten gotty?).


Flint









No comments:

Post a Comment